The House Financial Services Committee
The House Financial Services Committee has jurisdiction over issues pertaining to the economy, the banking system, housing, insurance, and securities and exchanges. Additionally, the Committee also has jurisdiction over monetary policy, international finance, international monetary organizations, and efforts to combat terrorist financing. The Committee oversees the Nation’s economy through its oversight of the Federal Reserve Board and individual reserve banks, the Treasury, the production and distribution of currency, and the Nation’s capital markets. Financial services issues are vitally important to Georgia, which is home to more banks than any other southern state.
Within the Peach State lies sixty percent of the nation’s financial technology companies and seventy percent of the nation’s transaction processing, along with strong insurance, retail, securities, and housing industries. Rep. Loudermilk brings a unique background and perspective to the committee as an IT professional, a former small business owner, and a veteran.
Agencies under oversight by the Committee include: the Federal Reserve, Treasury, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the National Credit Union Administration, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Federal Housing Finance Agency, and the Export-Import Bank.
Rep. Loudermilk serves on the following Financial Services Subcommittees:
Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Monetary Policy
-Oversees the operations and policy development of the prudential financial regulators, the CFPB, and the Federal Reserve and its 12 reserve banks
-Identifies policies that grow and stabilize the financial system and broader economy
-Identifies best practices and policies that continue to strengthen the financial industry’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
Subcommittee on National Security, Illicit Finance, and International Financial Institutions
-Strengthens policies to combat the generational threat posed by the Chinese Communist Party
-Oversees the operations and policy development with respect to the Office of Terrorism Financial Intelligence
-Oversees the policy development at the International Financial Institutions
-Identifies best practices and policies that continue to strengthen diversity and inclusion within the national security and international finance industry
The Committee on House Administration
The Committee on House Administration’s jurisdiction includes the following:
- Federal Election Law: The Committee’s jurisdiction over federal elections requires it to consider proposals to amend federal election law and to monitor congressional elections across the United States.
- House Operations: The Committee manages the daily operations that keep the House of Representatives running smoothly. The budget authorizes for expenses of House committee, and those for expenses of Members of Congress, are set by the Committee. Additionally, the Committee is responsible for oversight of House officers, including the administrative and technical functions of the House.
- Legislative Branch Oversight: The Committee oversees the management of the Library of Congress, Smithsonian Institution, Chief Administrative Officer, Clerk of the House, Sergeant at Arms, House Inspector General, United States Capitol Police, Government Publishing Office, Architect of the Capitol, and the Office of Congressional Accessibility Services.
- Capitol Security: The Committee is tasked with securing the Capitol Complex for Members, staff and visitors. The Committee has oversight of the U.S. Capitol Police Board, Capitol Police and the House Sergeant at Arms.
· Fintech and Payments Caucus (co-chair)
Rep. Loudermilk serves on the following House Administration Subcommittees:
Subcommittee on Oversight (Chairman)
- Matters relating to congressional security, accountability of the legislative branch security and safety apparatus, legislative branch operations, and such other matters as may be referred to the subcommittee.
Subcommittee on Elections
- Matters relating to federal elections and such other matters as maybe referred to the subcommittee.
. Fragrance Caucus (Co-Chair)
· Civility and Respect Caucus
· International Religious Freedom Caucus
· Government Efficiency Caucus
· Mobility Air Forces Caucus
· Congressional ALS Caucus
· Rural Broadband Caucus
· Prayer Caucus
· General Aviation Caucus
· Chicken Caucus
· STARBASE Caucus
· Air Force Caucus
· Taiwan Caucus
· Military Family Caucus
· Media Fairness Caucus
· Chemistry Caucus
· Carbonated and Non-alcoholic (C.A.N.) Caucus
· Border Security Caucus
· US-Japan Caucus
· Global Investment Caucus
· Fire Services Caucus
· Manufacturing Caucus
. Crohn's and Colitis
. Lung Cancer Caucus
. Coalition on Adoption
. National Guard and Reserve Components Caucus
. Career and Technical Education Caucus
. Oceans Caucus