As a nation, we’ve reached an economic tipping point that can only be reversed through bold, deliberative action that addresses the federal government’s out-of-control spending and historic debt. While this $19 trillion dollar debt was not created overnight, we must work together to ensure future generations are not stuck with a hefty tax bill from a government that wants to spend now and pay later.
As global tensions continue to escalate, balancing our budget is now a matter of national security. To secure America’s long-term economic independence, grow our economy, and ensure our national security, we must:
· Call for a simpler, fairer tax code
· Repeal Obamacare and replace it with patient-centered reforms
· Limit entitlement spending to preserve vital programs for future generations
· Prioritize defense spending to combat threats from around the globe
· Reign-in our national debt for the good of our children and grandchildren
For additional information on how Congress is working to protect your hard earned tax dollars, please visit the House Committee on the Budget’s website.